The Colliery opened in 1842 by the Myers Mining Co. and was the largest and longest running colliery in Pembrokeshire, working for 88 years. By 1900, there were 195 men employed with a daily output of 150 tons of exceptional anthracite. By 1918, the workforce had increased to 347 men, and by 1926 the colliery was producing 35 000 tons of coal annually. Due to the exceptional quality of the coal from Bonville’s Court, Queen Victoria used the near smokeless anthracite for her Royal Yacht, Britannia.
Two trains worked Saundersfoot, the Rosalind which worked the harbour and Wiseman’s Bridge area,